Fast loans from friendly people
0800 200 286
in 5 mins
Takes 5 minutes. No hidden questions!
(during business hours)
(often same day)
How do I apply for a loan?
It’s so easy. You can apply online, over the phone or in person. If you need an answer super fast, then apply online.
How much can I borrow?
We offer instant finance approval** on secured loans from $1,000 to $50,000. The amount you can be approved for is calculated on the value of the security you can offer. We also structure your repayments to suit your pocket and coincide with your payday.
How long does it take to get finance approved?
Our customers need money fast so we act fast. Provided you’ve given our finance company all the details, we can let you know if your loan has been approved within 90 minutes of processing your request.
How long does it take to get the money?
- Once your loan is approved, and documentation signed, the money is available in your bank account the next business day.
- If you need money urgently, we have a same-day money service and a 24-hour phone answering service outside of regular business hours.
What are your lending criteria?
- You must be able to offer something as collateral or security for all loans. We only offer secured loans. We will consider most things; household items such as whiteware and electronic goods ( TVs and stereos), vehicles, property or land. If you don’t have any security, we are happy for a friend or family member to act as your guarantor to provide security on your behalf.
- You need to be over 21 (unless you have a suitable guarantor who is over 21).
- You should have a reasonable credit history.
- You must be able to make the payments on your loan.
- You must live in NZ and be a NZ Resident or NZ Citizen (or have guarantors who are).
How do I make my loan repayments?
- You can make monthly, fortnightly or weekly payments via direct debit on a regular date that suits you.
- Repayments for loans secured against assets such as vehicles can be structured up to 4 years**, and up to 5 years for loans secured against property or land.
Can I get a payment protection plan in case I can’t make my loan repayments?
- Yes we recommend that you do. We offer payment protection cover for your peace of mind.
Do I need perfect credit history to apply?
- You don’t need a perfect credit history. As we’re not a bank, we look for reasons to say yes to your loan rather than no. However, we are unable to lend to anyone who is currently bankrupt or who has recently filed a ‘No Asset Procedure’.
Do I need to have a job to apply for a loan?
- Not necessarily, because at Loans 2 Go we consider loan applications based on the level of security offered. We do, however, make sure that you can afford the repayments. We welcome everyone including the self-employed, full, part-time workers and people transitioning to a new job.
What ID do I need?
- We need to see confirmation of your income such as a recent pay slip or bank statement, proof of your address and some personal identification such as your Driver’s Licence, Passport, Bank Card or Firearms Licence.
- We also need to have a current phone number (mobile or landline) and the registration (number plates) of any cars being used as security.
What happens once my loan is approved?
- We prepare the loan paperwork and have you sign it. If you are unable to come into our office during business hours, our mobile lenders may be able to come to your home or workplace anytime up to 8pm.
- Please note, we will need to see your ID before the paperwork is signed off.
How much would my payments be?
- Loan payments start from $15 per week. We work with you to tailor repayments to fit your requirements.
Do I need security for a car loan or vehicle finance?
- Usually we use the car you’re buying as security for your car loan, but you can use other assets or motor vehicles belonging to you, a co-borrower or your guarantor if you prefer.
Are there any surprises in the small print?
- No. We go over the Terms of the Contract with you before you sign to make sure you understand everything clearly. There are no surprises.
Do I have to accept the money straight away?
- Although most people prefer to get their money straight away, once approved, your loan approval is valid for 14 days.
Are there any fees or costs if I change my mind before accepting?
- There are no penalties, fees or costs if you change your mind about accepting the loan prior to signing the agreement.
Will it cost me if I pay the loan back early?
- You may be charged our standard $40 early settlement fee if you pay the loan back early, although this can be waived if the loan repayments are nearly complete.
What if I need to borrow more money once a loan has been approved?
- Once you’ve built up a good payment record with us, (usually after 3 months history) you may be offered or qualify for loan top-ups.
Is there a maximum age limit for vehicles purchased with a Loans 2 Go car loan or vehicle finance deal?
- Ideally cars and vehicles will be no older than 13 years, although cars older than 13 years may be used if other collateral is also offered. We will definitely consider classic or vintage car purchases.
Why a Loan from Loans 2 Go?
Fast loan approval
Flexible lending criteria
No deposit finance options available
Talk to someone straight away
Payment protection plans
Competitive interest rates
Apply for your instant finance now
It’s so easy to get started with Loans 2 Go
Simply call 0800 200 286 or apply online
*Subject to lending criteria
***Mobile lenders operate in the Nelson, Timaru, Dunedin region and within a 50km radius of central Christchurch